Technical Office Manager
The Technical Office Manager will hold the responsibility for and management of all design reviews, processes, and procedures. Manage and Lead a multi-disciplinary engineering and design review team for project construction. Coordinate and liaise with stake holders on all projects related budgets, managerial & design review decisions during the project's life cycle.
As part of the senior management team, the incumbent holds the responsibility to liaise and coordinate with the Project Director and the rest of the senior management team/peers with all matters related to operational issues required for the success of the program in accordance with the client expectations.
- Review and coordination of all engineering design submittals from contractors, as well as following up site supervision, design conflicts and variation orders for the client.
- Review technical submissions and design layouts as well as material submittals from contractors.
- Lead, by example, the team of multi-disciplinary Section Chiefs and engineers by delegating work according to specialism, project priorities, technical challenges and contractual milestones.
- Plan and maintain project budgets and schedule planning activities with team and managers.
- Attend progress and technical meetings, discuss and suggest technical proposals.
- Take part in project and risk management reviews.
- Coordinate between the construction and contractors’ engineering teams ensuring that all requirements are conveyed clearly and delivered upon.
- Coordinate with quantity surveyors or payment appreciations and change orders.
- Manage the Technical Office teams on Technical and Department issues.
- Supervise the review and approvals of shop drawings, Material Submittals with respect to the project Specification and Standards of practice submitted by contractors.
- Continually review the contractor’s construction schedule during the progress of site works
- Review the contractor’s List of Deliverables (Submittal of Drawings, design and Materials) as well as ensures the compliance with the contract and project requirements.
- Liaise with the project control manager on the performance measures related to the technical part.
- Review Contractor’s proposed sub-contractor(s) associated with the various engineering packages.
- Support review of subcontractors' invoices, when required for technical assistance.
- Documenting project issues/conditions.
- Monitoring, coaching and developing the Section Chiefs and Engineering team members.
- Maintaining organizd and detailed project records.
- A degree from an internationally recognized University in Civil or Architectural Engineering.
- Minimum of 20 years’ post graduation working experience
- Considerable amount of experience as Design Manager /
- Engineering Manager /Technical Manager in managing and leading a multi-disciplinary engineering and design review team
The capability to deal daily with a multi-cultural work force.
- Fluency in both verbally and written English.
- Native Arabic proficiency is mandatory in reading, writing and speaking