Site QA/QC Engineer
The Site QA/QC Engineer holds the responsibility for the implementation, documentation, and execution of the Quality Control System on project’s construction phases. He shall maintain and update site log and record all quality observations on a daily basis.
Duties shall also include but are not limited to ensuring that contractors comply with project specifications in their submitted activities. Manage and evaluate all civil processes and ensure efficient quality control within the project. Provide support to the Construction team and other Quality Control Specialists. Ensure all work complies with Contract Requirements.
Key Responsibilities and Specific Accountabilities:
- Direct, supervise and coordinate structural inspection/engineering QC activities and acts as client representative on project sites.
- Review and check submittals, shop drawings, equipment data, material samples and/or manufacturers for compliance with contract drawings, specifications and project quality system.
- Coordinate with design team to resolve all construction issues, RFI s and conflicts.
- Ensure that all requirements of the applicable specifications and drawings are complied with and report on deficiency corrections on site.
- Establish and maintain robust procedures to develop standard documentation for the project quality control and assurance; and propose any improvements deemed necessary
- Coordinate structural QC work with other technical disciplines to ensure safe and seamless Management with all trades and activities.
- Implement Accident Prevention Plan. Promote Safety Goals and the culture of safety on the jobsite.
- Assist in administering safety program and procedures.
- Coordinate testing and inspection of offsite materials storage and testing.
- Inspect all materials for compliance to submittals and drawings.
- Monitor the performance of all control activities and tests on structural components of buildings.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems relating to structural quality control.
- Participate in development of the Commissioning plan, roles and responsibilities. Implement Commissioning plan.
- Participate in and conduct weekly coordination meetings with the client and contractor
- Review, assist and facilitate Daily Report process.
- Keep an updated daily report
- Prepare and submit weekly and monthly quality reports
- Maintain and update knowledge on various civil engineering processes & techniques and coordinate with other departments for the technical activities of the project.
- An engineer holding a bachelor’s degree in an engineering field from an internationally recognized university
- Experience of not less than (8) years in quality assurance control field for similar projects and working in accordance to codes and Saudi & International various standards.
- Very fluent in reading, writing and speaking the English language.