Senior Planning Engineer
Job Title: Senior Schedules Planning & Follow-up Engineer
Reporting to: Projects Control Manager
The Senior Schedules Planning & Follow-up Engineer to proactively manage,control, and report on the planning and scheduling activities of the projects
- Manage the planning & scheduling parts of assigned projects and the overall program.
- Assist in preparation of program master schedule and performs critical path analysis
- Participate in claims analysis and negotiations.
- Prepare schedule performance measurements reports, forecasts and studies.
- Develops, owns and implement project control procedures in conjunction with supporting project ancillary functions.
- Prepares project plan framework and detailed manpower utilization plan framework.
- Analyzing critical paths and restraints to determine effect of changes on the schedule and recommends workarounds to mitigate impacts.
- Development of plans and recommendations for mitigation of impacts of schedule problems.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly progress report.
- Assist in establishing and monitoring project controls KPI’s.
- Support the implementation of project policies and procedures.
- Supports the Project Controls team in accomplishing project status review and performance control.
- Analyze critical paths and restraints to determine effect of changes on the schedule and recommends workarounds to mitigate impacts.
- Provide project management consultation on factors affecting the timely completion of projects.
- Analyze drawings, specifications and statements of work in the preparation of activity.
- Maintain liaison with the project and field personnel for schedule revisions and updates.
- Provide project planning capabilities including critical interfaces and risks analysis.
- Ensure project policies and procedures are implemented accordingly.
- Works actively with Primavera Contract manager and Primavera Scheduler.
- Own the Risk management procedure.
- The ideal candidate should hold a bachelor degree in Civil or Architectural Engineering from an internationally recognized university.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in projects and resource management, planning, scheduling, reviewing targeted and corrective schedules by using Primavera Enterprise Program and monitoring works progress and performance rates and confirming the appropriateness the available resources in the project to the required execution rates and very fluent in rates.
- Fluency in the English and Arabic language is mandatory.